Chorus Ensemble Deluxe
Switchable True Bypass Stereo Mod now included as standard!
+ Bonus "Pot" mod too!
Our flagship pedal, a faithful, meticulously crafted recreation of the classic BOSS ® CE-1 chorus/vibrato, utilising the same rare MN3002 bucket brigade chip and unique feature set as the original in a smaller enclosure.
Debit or Credit Card
What is it?
The PastFx Chorus Ensemble Deluxe (CED) is based upon the Holy Grail of Chorus pedals, The BOSS® CE-1. First released in 1976 it became famous for lush Chorus and Leslie effect Vibrato.
The CED is attractively priced and of compact size. It is approximately 1/3 of the size and weight of an original. At 40yrs of age, original units can develop reliability issues and require capacitor replacement and extensive servicing. Unmodified working originals are becoming harder to find and are expensive. The CED requires no fuses and is not powered by mains voltage. With today’s advancements in technology, the CED operates off the same bipolar voltages as The BOSS® CE-1, however it only requires standard 9vdc pedal power supply.
- Uses obsolete 512 stage BBD MN3002
- incorporates the “Noise Killer” circuitry
- Same unique Preamp stage
- Normal / effect footswitch
- Vibrato / Chorus footswitch
- Triangle Wave LFO – Chorus
- Sinewave LFO - Vibrato
- Not True Bypass* (Jfet switching as original ) – (Switchable Stereo True bypass mod now comes standard! )
- Peak Level Indicator visual feedback of input sensitivity
- High / Low Input sensitivity changeover switch
- Dual colour LFO rate LED, visual indication of selected effect
Blue – Chorus
Red – Vibrato
- Stereo/ Mono Outputs. In a Stereo setup, wet signal is directed to the Stereo jack and Dry to the Mono output jack.
- Vibrato controls are Depth & Rate
- Chorus is controlled by Intensity knob (which controls both rate and depth)
- When effect is bypassed the LFO LED indicator remains on without flashing
- Pedalboard friendly, uses minimal real estate and operates off industry standard (9VDC negative tip 2.1mm )
- The CED is the only recreation of the BOSS® CE-1 which also incorporates up to 3 extra popular switchable modifications that many owners of the original unit would use.
- The mods can all be switched off, restoring to the original circuit or selectively activated by taste. These include:
- This mod is popular for those who were wanting more control over their chorus effect.
- When activated it allows the use of the Vibrato Depth knob to control the Chorus Depth. The Stock depth setting of the Chorus can still be achieved by turning the Vibrato Depth knob fully clockwise.
- Many owners of the original noticed that when selecting the high on the input sensitivity switch that some of the high frequencies of their signal was lost. This was a desirable outcome for some. To remedy this, some users would place a buffer before the BOSS® CE-1 to restore the high frequencies. The CED comes with an inbuilt buffer circuit which can be added or removed as desired.
- Note: When clipping the signal heavily by having the Level control on high, it can give various responses based on what type of amp is being played through.
- On some amps it can almost sound like a fuzz, and on others a more traditional crunch sound! This is the same experience with the original.
Stereo True Bypass Mod (Now comes standard!)
When activated, the Stereo True Bypass mod allows for both outputs to be … you guessed it, True Bypass!
When activated, changes the default level control potentiometer value from 50K to 500K resistance.
As the Original Ce-1 was designed with keyboards in mind, many guitarists who owned original Ce-1 pedals would replace the 50K pot for a higher value.
All 4 mod switches are located inside back of unit.
Adjust to taste.
Dimensions : 120 x 94 x 50mm (1590BB style enclosure)
Current draw approx : 110-130MA
- Great pedal, sounds just like the CE-1. packed it super well and the frequent updates were much appreciated! David's Shop
- This CE-1 clone is incredible. It has the beautiful darker tone of the CE-1 that I much prefer over other chorus pedals. The build is top notch and the additional options buffer/depth/truebypass are well worth it. Chris 's Gear Depot
- Best chorus/vibrato I’ve played. Makes everything sound better. Dead silent operation. A perfect pedal. Fast shipping. Great communication. Thank you. soundheads gear
- really a love watery sounding pedal. I haven't played a real ce1 but it sounds like the ones I've heard. pay attention to the power needs. mine was blank until I changed the power supply
very nice guy to deal with. coped with me freaking out about not working like a gentleman dave morley
- Incredible carbon copy of the original, with friendly and informative service, free Australian goodies, and even an instruction manual for those who don't want to have to figure everything out on their own. Stunning unit. Mylo's Studio
- Excellent product and communication. Extremely friendly and helpful AAA+++ wodongaron
- Great Seller! Great craftsmanship! pashtettrb