Chorus Ensemble MN3007
Switchable True Bypass Stereo Mod now included as standard!
+ Bonus "Pot" mod too!
Our flagship pedal, a faithful, meticulously crafted recreation of the classic BOSS ® CE-1 chorus/vibrato, utilising the more common NOS MN3007 bucket brigade chip instead of the rare 1970's BBD used in the PastFx Chorus Ensemble Deluxe.
Debit or Credit Card
What is it?
The PastFx Chorus Ensemble MN3007 (CE-7) is a modified PastFx Chorus Ensemble Deluxe ,using the less obsolete NOS MN3007 BBD.
The (CE-7) uses the same PCB as the Deluxe, is almost identical with components and is attractively priced.
The (CE-7) operates off the same bipolar voltages, the exact same preamp section, and incorporates both switchable Depth and Buffer Mods.
- Uses obsolete NOS Panasonic / Matsushita 1024 stage BBD MN3007
- incorporates the “Noise Killer” circuitry
- Same unique Preamp stage
- Normal / effect footswitch
- Vibrato / Chorus footswitch
- Triangle Wave LFO – Chorus
- Sinewave LFO - Vibrato
- Not True Bypass* (Jfet switching) – (Switchable Stereo True bypass mod Now Standard!)
- Peak Level Indicator visual feedback of input sensitivity
- High / Low Input sensitivity changeover switch
- Dual colour LFO rate LED, visual indication of selected effect
Blue – Chorus
Red – Vibrato
- Stereo/ Mono Outputs. In a Stereo setup, wet signal is directed to the Stereo jack and Dry to the Mono output jack.
- Vibrato controls are Depth & Rate
- Chorus is controlled by Intensity knob (which controls both rate and depth)
- When effect is bypassed the LFO LED indicator remains on without flashing
- Pedalboard friendly, uses minimal real estate and operates off industry standard (9VDC negative tip 2.1mm )
- The (C.E MN3007) incorporates up to 4 extra popular switchable Mods
- The Mods can all be switched off, restoring to the original circuit or selectively activated by taste. These include:
This mod is popular for those who were wanting more control over their chorus effect.
When activated it allows the use of the Vibrato Depth knob to control the Chorus Depth. The Stock depth setting of the Chorus can still be achieved by turning the Vibrato Depth knob fully clockwise.
The activation of the Buffer circuit can help restore some of the high frequencies. It is more noticeable when the Input sensitivity switch is on high. The (CE-7) inbuilt buffer circuit can be added or removed as desired.
Note: When clipping the signal heavily by having the Level control on high, it can give various responses based on what type of amp is being played through.
On some amps it can almost sound like a fuzz, and on others a more traditional crunch sound! This is the same experience with the Deluxe.
Stereo True Bypass Mod (Now comes standard!)
When activated, the Stereo True Bypass mod allows for both outputs to be … you guessed it, True Bypass!
When activated, changes the default level control potentiometer value from 50K to 500K resistance.
As the Original Ce-1 was designed with keyboards in mind, many guitarists who owned original Ce-1 pedals would replace the 50K pot for a higher value.
All 4 mod switches are located inside back of unit.
Adjust to taste.
Dimensions : 120 x 94 x 50mm (1590BB style enclosure)
Current draw approx : 110-130MA
Below is a small excerpt from a Tone-Talk Video where Dan from "That Pedal Show"
explains the "Pot Mod". This video was the inspiration of adding the mod to our design :)
We also now have the Stereo True Bypass Mod as standard (example in video did not have that feature :) )
‘’I ordered the Chorus Ensemble pedal and I love it to bits! It sounds exactly like I want it to. Communication with Verlie was great, every e-mail was answered in a matter of minutes. The pedal took less than a month to arrive (Australia to the Netherlands) and even came with a delicious Australian cookie. Highly recommend PastFX!’’