A versatile low to medium gain overdrive, boost, and equaliser capable of rich, complex tone-sculpting characteristics.
Debit or Credit Card
What is it?
The PastFx TD-Y is a faithful reproduction of the now discontinued Buffalo FX TD-X Equaliser and Gain Booster pedal, which itself was inspired by a popular valve-powered overdrive favoured by several notable rock artists during the 1980s and ‘90s. The TD-Y has been produced in a smaller, pedalboard-friendly enclosure, and made with the same careful attention to detail and high-quality components as the pedal upon which it is based. It is a highly tweakable and useful tone sculpting tool that can be set to act as a potent equaliser, a clean or dirty boost, or as a satisfyingly rich and complex overdrive. There is plenty of headroom on tap to allow players to generate great tones from the pedal alone or by using it to push their amplifiers over the top. The PastFx TD-Y can go from beautiful, blooming low gain creaminess all the way up to medium gain distortion and early British amp characteristics, especially working in tandem with an amplifier’s character and playing environment.
- Controls for Gain, Level, Bass, and Treble to shape the sonic character of the effect
- True bypass operation
- Internal switch to select symmetrical (factory default) or asymmetrical clipping
- Dimmable LED, internally adjustable
- Requires a 9vDC centre negative tip power supply, drawing only 5.5 mA current, or a 9v battery, connected via premium Keystone battery snaps.
- Dimensions: 112 x 60 x 31mm / 4.4" x 2.36" x 1.22" (enclosure only)
- Input impedance: 1 MΩ
- Neutrik Instrument and Lumberg DC jacks, with audiophile grade parts sourced from MMK, Wima, Epcos, Vishay, Panasonic, Nichicon, etc., just like its predecessor.
AS WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WAYS TO IMPROVE OUR PRODUCTS, PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.